snooze and teensy as a USB keyboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlainD

Hi

I would like to use a Teensy LC (or 3.2 or 3.6) as a keyboard device when connected to computer by usb and power efficient when not connected.
Is this possible while retaining RAM?

I don't mind if the user has to push a button to get a connection with the computer and that it goes back to no connection (and less power consumption) with a timer.

(For simplicity I even could power it always by battery.)

Alain

Hi

I would like to use a Teensy LC (or 3.2 or 3.6) as a keyboard device when connected to computer by usb and power efficient when not connected.
Is this possible while retaining RAM?

I don't mind if the user has to push a button to get a connection with the computer and that it goes back to no connection (and less power consumption) with a timer.

(For simplicity I even could power it always by battery.)

Alain
All the default low power modes in Snooze retain RAM.

Thanks, will it also be possible to get a USB keyboard working after sleeping?
Is it worth testing?

Alain
I haven't tried the USB keyboard with Snooze but I think all the wakeups methods should work, I would put in a good 2 sec delay after waking for the usb to reconnect but there could be other issues let me know what you find out.

I haven't tried the USB keyboard with Snooze but I think all the wakeups methods should work, I would put in a good 2 sec delay after waking for the usb to reconnect but there could be other issues let me know what you find out.

Hi I did some tests and for me those where rather good. All tests ran on a 3.2 at 24Mhz powered by USB connected to a win10 laptop. Snooze only digital input and timer.
- USB keyboard recovers after deepSleep and hibernate, but not after sleep.
- a delay(500) before keyboard print statements is needed (400 wasn't enough), I will at least double it for production use.
- a delay(10) is needed after the last println statement before going to deepsleep/hibernate again.
- If shorter delays are used the first/last characters don't arrive at the computer, but I don't see other problems.

Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back