DAC:speed conversion and reference voltage

Fatima_H

Hello everyone
I just have a little question:
Is there a ready function to set the reference voltage and conversion speed of the DAC in teensy 3.2??
I read in datasheet of the processor of teensy that its possible to set them but I don't know if there is a ready functions or other way to do so .
Can any one help me?

If using analogWrite(), you use analogReference() to configure the DAC reference. The conversion speed is simply how often your code calls analogWrite().

If using the audio library, there is a similar function. Read the dac documentation (right side panel) for details.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioOutputAnalog

The conversion speed when using the audio library is 44117 Hz (actually 48 MHz / 1088), the exact same rate as all other processing done in the audio lib.

The DAC hardware only has 2 possible reference settings, either the 1.2V internal ref, or the 3.3V power. When in 3.3V mode, the AREF pin voltage is ignored. That AREF pin only controls the ADC. It's ignored by the DAC, so even though we use the same word "EXTERNAL", the DAC's hardware doesn't have any option to actually use the AREF pin. It's only the internal 1.2V ref or the 3.3V power.

I wanted to check to see if this is still the case. Is there any way to get a 5V reference on the DAC? It would simplify my project greatly if I didn't have to use an external DAC.

I wanted to check to see if this is still the case. Is there any way to get a 5V reference on the DAC? It would simplify my project greatly if I didn't have to use an external DAC.

An op-amp could add gain, buffer, and protect the Teensy.

Back