Teensy 3.6 instruction reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnor

Hey Paul, do you have a document that you can point me to that indicates all the instructions that the Teensy 3.6 supports? I see that it has some DSP and SIMD support but I have been having trouble finding a definitive set of instructions.

I have some code that should be easy to vectorize and I'm interested to that to see if I can increase the number of synthesizer voices I can support in my audio code. I've played a bit with the arm_math functions but if I'm wondering if I can keep my data in the SIMD registers between instructions [if that is even possible on this chip].

Thanks!

Yes, definitely get Joseph Yiu's "Definitive Guide" book. It's by far the best for learning the details. Many important concepts are explained only in that book.

ARM's reference manual can also be pretty handy if you're already familiar with how things work. Chapter A7 details all the instructions, pages 185 to 562. But it's written with quite a lot of difficult-to-read syntax.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/beta/DDI0403D_arm_architecture_v7m_reference_manual.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back