Octo rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenF

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU, Octo is absolutely superb.

Despite my oops! moment a few weeks ago (when I had the Octo backwards on the Teensy) we've been hard at work on a giant Hanukkah display. Almost 3,000 Neopixels, hundreds of custom connections with thousands of solder joints ... we've been individual strand testing with an Uno for simplicity's sake, but now that it all assembled I just plugged it all in to Teensy + Octo for the first time and run the basic test code, and bam!, thousands of LEDs perfectly lighting! I love it when stuff just works. Thanks so much!

--- Ben

Glad it worked out well. :)

If you can share some photos, would love to show it on the blog. Always awesome to see thousands of LEDs lit up!

Working on animation sequences now (animating the correct lighting procedure for each day of Hanukkah), and the kids are coming up with color schemes and patterns. Once we are done and it's up outside the house I'll post pics and/or vid.

Working on animation sequences now (animating the correct lighting procedure for each day of Hanukkah), and the kids are coming up with color schemes and patterns. Once we are done and it's up outside the house I'll post pics and/or vid.

Great! Now, add still an audio board, so that the Teensy does also say the brukhes and sing Maoz Tsur... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back