Teensy 4 channel Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

No1089

Hello Everyone!

I have seen that it is possible to have the Teensy drive 4 audio channels and I plan to use it. My question is regarding the flash chip - is it strictly necessary to play 2(or more) files simultaneously? Or would I get away with a fast microSD? Lastly, my local RS does not list the W25Q128 at all and suggested the n25q128. Will this work as a drop-in replacement? N25Q128A13ESE40G or N25Q128A13ESE40F are the options.

The Sparkfun article lists using a polyphonic wav file - can the channels be faded in/out as needed?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Chris

You should look up for a detailed specification of the wav audio format, for example on Wikipedia. IIRC, it allows up to 6 simultaneous channels in one single file. It's then up to your code to read the different channels from this single file into different buffers which will then act as independent audio sources which can be mixed, faded, and whatever independently.

Thanks. I opened Audacity and saw I could indeed add multi-tracks to the WAV file. Which presumably lessens the hardware burden.

Thanks Paul!

It seems it will be good to go then! I've used 8 Teensy Micros in the past year for clients and they are all going strong! Wonderful little things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back