HID serial emulation (SEREMU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotgrrl

I have been encountering the bug that prevents reliable communication between Teensy and Mac through the serial port. Reading the forum threads here and here, I still haven't been able to get it to work.

Looking at TyQt, it says: "tycmd monitor opens a text connection with your Teensy. It is either done through the serial device (/dev/ttyACM*) or through the HID serial emulation (SEREMU) in other USB modes. tycmd uses the correct mode automatically."

1) Does anyone know of any example code of HID serial emulation (SEREMU) in Processing.org or Python?

2) How does SEREMU differ from regular serial port? Why does this work?

Thanks for any help people can give. This bug is preventing me from making a program to interface with the projects I use Teensy for. So it will be great to have a work around.

Just a small update on this - if I upload with USB Type - Raw HID, then serial monitor works fine. Is this a workaround? Has anyone had any experiences with Raw HID serial communication being intermittent? Thank you!

Edit: In Raw HID, you can't see the serial port (for example, in a program like CoolTerm). Is there a way to programatically find the port?

The SEREMU is a RAW Hid like setup I believe it is typically ID Vendor - 0x16c0 and product ID 0x486.
With The usage page of FFC9 and usage of 0x4 (HID stuff)

As for processing or Python? I don't know. You might look to see if anyone has created a RAWHID setup for these.

You might look at the page: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/rawhid.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back