16 bit ADC with relative high sampling rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreasureHunter

Hello people of the interwebs!

I need a cheap microcontroller with an ADC that is capable of 30-35.000 samples per second at 16-bit resolution. My question is: does any Teensy product satisfies this requirement?
Your help is appreciated!

TH

The Teensy might achieve ways higher sampling rates. And the internal ADC(s) can theoretically do 16bit resolution. In practice, you'll get only 12 useful bits in single ended mode and 13 to 14bits in differential mode depending on conversion speed and average settings, the rest is noise. If you need real 16bit resolution, you'll have to use an external ADC and to control it from the Teensy via SPI or I2C.

Another way would be sampling with a 8x higher sample rate (oversampling) which the internal ADC(s) can do and using a filter algorithm to downsample which would allow to reduce the S/N ratio by sqrt(8) or 9dB, which increases the virtual resolution by nearly 2bit.

Hello people of the interwebs!

I need a cheap microcontroller with an ADC that is capable of 30-35.000 samples per second at 16-bit resolution. My question is: does any Teensy product satisfies this requirement?
Your help is appreciated!

TH
The PJRC audioboard provides you 41000 samples/s with 16 bit resolution on two channels

The PJRC audioboard provides you 41000 samples/s with 16 bit resolution on two channels

thanks, but it would be necessary for everything to be on the board. I want to use the Teensy as a metal detector. If the ADC is on another board it just complicates things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back