CSIO SKRS - Replace board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mito125

Hi, this is my first post. Unlucky I have a CSIO SKRS, it come to me with a broken board and CSIO support never replied to me. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix it with my hands. After some research, I find this post on your forum. So maybe I can reuse it to fix it. I never use a board, I'm not an eletrical engineer or similar. In your opinion, should I continue to fix it or is it better to continue in this fix?

With a Teensy-LC, could I resolve all my issues? Will I need to buy only this board to replace the broken board? Will I need anything else?

Thanks.

Greets from Italy.

Would need to see a picture to understand what is damaged. Teensy_LC may not be the broken part - or may not be easily replaceable based on how it is integrated. You can attach JPG or PNG photos up to 1MB to a post. To replace the T_LC it would take programming it with their software, which is easy if they release it in uploadable HEX file, and not possible if that is not released. Though it would seem they should to support upgrades.

Thanks for reply. In my skrs isn't a teensy board but another board. I have to replace board on my best. I have only the wires connected to two buttons...

That SKRS may use a Teensy - but it isn't anything commonly seen. Without a picture it is still unseen. Having details showing a T_LC properly connected would be one step - the other would be access to the HEX file to upload. I did search to find their web page - but they expose no photos or details and I went as far as one KS Update to see they noted T_LC was being used.

I'll try to better explain my situation... I have this board installed:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12640 (I hope this would not be spam)

This is my situation in photo:
IMG-20171130-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20171130-WA0002.jpg

Like you can see, the usb port isn't on board. They send me a broken board. I'm not into eletronics... So I'm trying to fix it...

Thanks.

A shame they are not supporting their product! It looks like they didn't build with the Teensy_LC on your model - and maybe a cheaper knockoff of the linked SparkFun product?

Unless the code or resultant HEX to upload is made available even with a fresh board the same functionality won't be there just swapping to a new controller board.

Find out if the code is made available - and for what 'Pro Micro' - and then it would need to be replaced with a compatible board to run that code. Unless rewriting the software is in your plans to have the unit function.

I have no code... Is it to difficult to make this 2 button work on pc? I watch some DIY button box for pc... I hope it was more simple...

Can't tell from pic if the device is 3.3V or 5V since it isn't marked. If the buttons put out 5V you would ruin a T_LC with direct wiring. It could be interesting will take some research and effort to emulate the behavior and USB presentation. If the maker could send you a replacement that would be the best way. Looks like they picked a few$ clone board. I'd exhaust avenues of contacting them - and even paying them $10 to ship you a new board would put you farther ahead.

CSIO never reply to me... If you search their company on google you will find a lot of people like me with no warranty or tech support... They sell their products though they're broken... I wrongly paid them for this object... If I could come back in the past, I will never buy this product... I will use it as door stop... Thanks ;)

Nice that it is at least heavy enough for a doorstop - just don't break a toe on it - they won't pay Dr bills either I bet.

If you got a T_3.2 it could read 3.3V or 5V - it would be overkill compared to the Pro Micro - but less than the Legit version from SparkFun. Or you could measure the button voltage and use a T_LC if it pushes 3V3 - or just closes the switch letting the T_LC provide the power with PULLUP. But to get the buttons to work would take knowing the Joystick USB interface and the commands to send when presses are detected.

My guess from this, is it would not matter if it was 3.3v or 5v originally. What I ca not tell from your description is what is it supposed to connect to? That is, is it supposed to plug in to your PC and show up as a joystick? Or is it a daughter board/component that is supposed to plug into some other unit which connects to your PC?

The board looks pretty close to one I purchased earlier from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-ATmega32U4-arduino-Leonardo-ATmega328/dp/B012FOV17O/

From what I can tell, you only have three wires going to the unit. A ground wire and two digital signals, going to two digital pins.

So it should not be hard to adapt to the either another Pro micro or obviously preferred here some form of Teensy, like an LC, or if you are unsure what you are hooking it up to later, I like the 3.2 for this as the signals are 5v tolerant.

You can easily read in the state of the buttons, preferably using a library like bounce: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Bounce.html
This takes care of issues like when you press a button, it might go on/off/on electrically as the contacts of the button make good good contact.

If this is supposed to connect back to a PC as a joystick, you can look at the examples for USB joystick and have these two buttons show up as a two buttons on a joystick... Or you could have it report back like a mouse or keyboard or... Again not sure what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back