MIDI Teensy 3.2 Issue[s]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulappaul

Hi, first time poster currently taking a class on creating Teensy Microcontrollers at community college. For my final project I'm attempting to read midi data from a Yamaha DX100 to control lights. I've followed this tutorial however, I'm getting nothing!

First of all, I'm not using PCM900 as I believe they are no longer being made. Searching around online I found people were using H11L1M semiconductors instead. I believe this could be the source of the problem, but it could also be my set up..

For some reason, the image loader is not working on my computer, here are links to my breadboard.. SORRY

overhead

From the Midi input (270 ohm resistor, cant recall the Diode specs, but nothing is recommended ...)

Where Midi input connects to the H11L1M

Sort of unsure about this junction where one end of the resistor goes to 3.3v power and one end goes to pin 7

finnallllyyy the capacitor

to test my breadboard, I'm using Basic Io and the Input sketches on the MIDI library included with the Teensy library. I've also tried using the callbacks sketch, to get something on the serial monitor. Still nothing:(

I'm guessing the issue is somewhere between the different semiconductor, the junction where the resistor connects to power and pin 7 or the sketch I'm using...

Thanks so much for any help

paul

Not actually done this - but scanning the linked tutorial page. Note the clear details and schematic are for Teensy 2.0. Based on this note "resistor connects to power and pin 7" the translation may have been missed?

As the T_3.2 is in use see the table "MIDI connects using the UART's transmit and receive pins" >> the Serial pins have moved from: 7 & 8 to 0 & 1

Also - as with the :: "Teensy 3.0: Use two 47 ohm resistors on MIDI OUT, with the pin 4 resistor to +3.3 volts. For MIDI IN, connect the 270 ohm resistor to +3.3 volts. "

Once those changes are attempted - maybe posting a picture will allow better diagnosis.

Glad to see the pin change was needed. I didn't click other links to see they were photos :rolleyes:

Not up to checking that wiring but wondering ... Now that I click the H11L1M I see it is : "Description Optocoupler Logic-Out Open Collector DC-IN 1-CH 6-Pin PDIP" - and it says it is inverting?

Not sure how that fits in to MIDI usage? What is the MIDI part ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back