Interfacing PIC microcontroller to small touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaraminous

Hi,

I'm using a PIC microcontroller with bare-metal c-code and assembly (i.e not OS or RTOS). I'm looking for a touch screen to adopt to my project. Any practical recommendation ?

Thanks

As a forum for PJRC's Teensy products - not sure if there will be feedback for PIC usage. For the 32 bit Teensy's the ILI9341 display has great performance and touch support over SPI. That is the one PJRC carries in the store and most generally used. Teensy relies on the Arduino build system - but is all but bare metal as other than the standard giving it uniform program/processor support following the Arduino model that doesn't impart any real overhead or restriction for normal use.

Hi,

I'm using a PIC microcontroller with bare-metal c-code and assembly (i.e not OS or RTOS). I'm looking for a touch screen to adopt to my project. Any practical recommendation ?

Thanks
You might want to search for a forum that people use PIC microcontrollers. This forum is where people using the Teensy controllers from PJRC.COM hang out. There might be one or two people here that also code PICs, but it is not likely.

The common bus peripheral interfaces are standards with hardware support in all controllers that could be used: PIC, AVR and the ARM cortex family represented on Teensy.

The utility comes in having the software to bridge the controller<>peripheral gap and how well the controller architecture supports that access.

All the controller manufacturers offer a bare metal programming kit in some fashion - folks here on the PJRC Forum have adopted the standardized Arduino interface PJRC has worked on for years as a robust, tremendous 32 bit upgrade to the 8 bit AVR's that Arduino was first built around.

As noted in post #2 - a good display used here is the ILI9341.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back