Rules to sell commercial products with teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanspaceman

Hi, just found this article and I want to know if these rules are valid also for our teensy!
more precisely:

You can use Arduino to make a commercial product following some simple rules.

1. * if you have made your circuit as a derivative of the Arduino board you must release the design files with a CC-BY-SA license like the original cad files

2. * If you build your circuit as a shield that plugs on top of an Arduino board all the circuit is yours and you don't have to release anything

3. * The programs that are written on Arduino are yours. if you have modified the core files or one of the libraries you must make your modifications available to everybody

4. * You can call your product in any way you like as long as you don't call it Arduino

5. * If in the documentation for your product you want to write "Powered By Arduino" that would be appreciated :)

6. * There is no revenue sharing for any derivative work (unless it uses the Arduino name see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Policy )
having said this.

The code on the Arduino can be read after it has been programmed.
It will be available only in binary form but can be programmed on another board (i.e. copied) There is a "fuse" that you can burn that will make the code unreadable but it will also make it hard for you to update your code once it's on the board.

https://www.postscapes.com/forum/ar...ping-how/when-do-you-make-the-actual-product/

1. if I make my own PCB with teensy bootloader from Prjc, I have to release the schematics? (only schematics or even the PCB?)
3. For external libraries like MIDI, SD, SDD1306 etc... I have to read every single license or if the code is closed source is not necessary?

Thanks

I'm not a lawyer. If you don't read every license, you might inadvertently do something dishonorable and expose yourself to lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back