TeensyLC, arduino 1.8.5 joystick problem in Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

clabrown

Just got my TeensyLCs and started playing. Got the loader working, Got Arduino working. Messed about with the blink example changing the timing. In the past I've done a ton of work with embedded 8051's and up using C and other languages so I have familiarity with the concepts.

I originally bought the TeensyLC so I could rework my old Thrustmaster FLCS and WCS for USB. After messing with the blink program I decided to try the basic joystick example just to see if it would work. Get detected by the computer etc. The board type was TeensyLC, USB set to keyboard + mouse + joystick (there did not seem to be a joystick only option) . I didn't connect anything to the Teensy board, just figured the buttons would show high because of pullup and the AnalogInputs would probably float to their min or max values.

Well first time I compiled and loaded, sure enough Win7 bee-booped and a keyboard+mouse+joystick showed up in devices and the joystick properties looked normal with the x and y all the way in the upper left corner (reading max values) and the first two buttons pressed (pins pulled high).

So I decided to get fancy and put in a simple ramp up / down incrementing decrementing value and figured I see the cross hairs in the joystick properties slowly move. I recompiled and it seemed to load without issues, Win7 noted the removal of the device during programming and showed back up when the reboot was over. However when I went into the joystick properties, the section of the screen that normally showed the axis and buttons was blank. Other joysticks' properties on the PC appeared normally. I discarded my modifications and loaded the basic example program again. Recompile / load, the joystick disapeared from Windows during loading and came back when it rebooted. Checked joystick properties, but still no axis or button statuses in the properties for that joystick. Other joysticks still showing normally. Also tried unplugging and reconnecting the Teensy hoping windows might reload the driver. Windows noted the disconnection and reconnection, but for that joystick, still no axis or buttons in properties.

Any ideas what would cause Windows to detect it as a joystick, show axis and buttons the first time, but not show the axis or button status in properties every time after that? I was kind of hoping that the Arduino / usb / joystick "magic" would just work.

Thanks, Cla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back