Usb hid and msd application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I came to know about the teensy boards when am searching for a Micro controller i.e. ATMEL or Freescale or STM32 which is having the USB HID and Mass storage(MSD)support.

Application needs to work for Loging the keystrokes and at the same time it should work as storage (USB) with out disconnecting any of the protocol i.e. duall core or dull application nature.

Can anybody gone through this search it will be helpful to me further.

anyone one tried this on teensy boards and let me know the status

Regards
Hari

The Teensy 3.6 has native USB host capabilities. This is still a Work In Progress. We currently have support for most Keyboards, Mice, some joysticks and several USB Serial adapters, Midi and maybe a few other things.

Also the Teensy can be configured such that when you plug it into a computer, it can show up several different ways. The default is that it is a simple Comm port (Serial). But it can also be configured to look like a Keyboard, or Mouse or Joystick, or... You can also configure it to be a combination of several of these. Your code on the Teensy simply needs to be organized in a way such that it can handle the different messages and callbacks for each of the protocols you choose.

What I don't think is implemented is the ability to configure it as a MSD device.

So currently I think it would be reasonably easy to do the basic keyboard monitoring. There may be some issues with special keys, especially if they are specifically setup for some specific keyboard. Example if it is a special Logitech keyboard with extra keys, we may not detect these and as such may not be easy to forward these.

Sorry I know that this is not a complete answer, but maybe others can fill in the gaps

Thank For Quick reply,

Could you please help me to do this with some other hardware or firmware using USB HUB which can connect MMC and Keyloger controller.

Can anyone having the idea of how to do this application.

Regards
Hari

Interested to know the purpose of the Keylogger and USB disk storage in one?

This is under an odd forum area. The asthraproject .com site routes to another for a boilerplate { still with LATIN filler and non-working links } bold pictures and statements.

Moved to the appropriate category, although I'm not yet sure if this request is serious. Key logging with storage might be a illegal thing...

Still not sure if that's something which should get support from the Teensy community...

The USB Rubber Ducky is a keystroke injection tool disguised as a generic flash drive. Computers recognize it as a regular keyboard and accept pre-programmed keystroke payloads at over 1000 words per minute.

Payloads are crafted using a simple scripting language and can be used to drop reverse shells, inject binaries, brute force pin codes, and many other automated functions for the penetration tester and systems administrator.

Since 2010 the USB Rubber Ducky has been a favorite among hackers, penetration testers and IT professionals. With origins as the first IT automation HID using an embedded dev-board, it has since grown into a full fledged commercial Keystroke Injection Attack Platform. The USB Rubber Ducky captured the imagination of hackers with its simple scripting language, formidable hardware, and covert design.

In ever case, that's not how we work here. Nobody here will write code from scratch for you, be it for a honorable cause or not.

Normally you would buy one or more Teensy processors first, start coding your project and in case you run into technical problems, share your (problematic) code here (see Forum Rule above) and ask for specific assistance.

Or you go the easy way and buy your USB hacking thing for $45 online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back