usb midi name

Shuptuu

Hi,
I'm using 2 teensy LC, connected both to the same computer running windows 10. Both teensy are running a specific code and have been compiled as midi devices and in order to have a unique name (set in name.c), different for each Teensy. So on windows, I can identify perfectly my 2 midi devices in the devices manager. Works great!
But, there's a but... ;-)
I don't know why, but some apps are seeing the 2 midi devices with the same name (one of the 2, maybe from the last device installed) so it becomes difficult to identify which one is what. Not all, but just someones.
So I guess there's a layer on windows where they still have the same ID or name?
Any fix or workaround?
Thanks for your help

My problem is not how to change the core midi name.
My problem is that even by changing the core midi name (in my case, the first one is DAWc-n and the second one is DAWc-t - changes made in the name.c file attached to each project), even with windows apparently seeing those 2 devices with different names (i.e. DAWc-n and DAWc-t), some apps get confused and detect the 2 devices with the same name (DAWc-t in my case). That's the case with MIDI-OX for exemple, Oscii-bot as well. Other apps like Bome's midi translator are giving the good name to the devices.

hmmm, could be something like that but in my case, I developped my code one by one on one computer and transfered the code on my teensies from this computer with only one teensy connected at a time. The problem I have now is on an other computer with my 2 devices pluged at the same time, but already with there new names. This computer never saw teensy, it just saw the new names.
I already rebooted this computer many times, it doesn't make any difference.
And so why windows would see the good names? Why some apps would see the good names?

Because they all have the same product id... unless you change that by hard coding the library between loading sketches.

At least that's how I read Paul

Back