Using Teensy 3.2 with Audio Adapter Board and Prop Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdhamp

I have an application where I want to combine the teensy 3.2 with the Audio Shield and the Prop Shield. I gave the schematic a look and there are some pins used by both. It looks like I'd just need to remove the W25Q64FV on the prop shield (or cut the traces on pins 6, 11, 12 and 13) so that it doesn't have pin conflicts with the I2S on the audio board.. Can anyone verify this by giving the schematic a look?

George

I have an application where I want to combine the teensy 3.2 with the Audio Shield and the Prop Shield. I gave the schematic a look and there are some pins used by both. It looks like I'd just need to remove the W25Q64FV on the prop shield (or cut the traces on pins 6, 11, 12 and 13) so that it doesn't have pin conflicts with the I2S on the audio board.. Can anyone verify this by giving the schematic a look?

George
It depends on what devices you use on each shield. You really can't change the I2S pins, which means you have to use the alternative SCLK/MOSI that the audio shield uses when doing SPI for the prop shield. The Audio shield and the prop shield use different pins for SPI. If you use SPI devices on both, you may probably need to move the prop shield SPI pins to the audio shield usage via wires and not hooking up those pins directly on the prop shield (due to the I2S pins), and then change the prop shield software to use the new values.

It may be simpler to buy separate montion sensor, voltage level shifter, and/or flash memory chips than to try and use both the prop shield and audio shield at the same time.

I just need the audio on the audio shield and the sensors on the prop shield (no SPI Flash or APA102 needed) so I was figuring I could just take out the SPI Flash on the Prop Shield and I would have no conflicts. Does that look reasonable? Or cut the pins on the interboard connector for pins 6, 11, 12 and 13? I think I've got this right but a second opinion is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back