USB MIDI Foot Controller with OLED v3.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHIFT838

All,

Some background. A bit over a year ago I started down the path of working on designing a USB MIDI Foot Controller to control my guitar recording software from foot switches such as play, record, arm track, etc.

After reading a lot and posting a few questions I came up with a workable solution. I have had quite a few people contact me to build one of their own.

I have been working on revamping my code from my original version 1 and really wanted to get rid of the toggle switch with note code option and stick to only MIDI Control Codes as that is what most recording software can use. I also wanted to integrate an LCD to display information such as the current MIDI code being sent from the engaged foot switch.

The end result for my initial design works great on the bread board. I will be finishing it into a complete case with heavy duty stomp switches.

You can view the video here:

https://youtu.be/aZQtjmF2Gw8

currently it's under 275 lines of code (includes a hell of a lot of comments).

I completely recoded the entire firmware.

Just thought I would post it. Any comments are welcome..

Shift 838 on my TI, with Alpiner, taught me that the highest level achievable of most games was just ridiculous.. Too much snow, too fast! Your moniker brought back some good memories though (the TI-99/4A was a "native" 16 bit computer - though the guy who lived around the corner from me who sold computers at the time said all the computers available "now" were only 8 bit - and didn't believe the brochure I supplied him!). Very early 80's.

Good luck with your guitar pedals..
J.

Shift 838 on my TI, with Alpiner, taught me that the highest level achievable of most games was just ridiculous.. Too much snow, too fast! Your moniker brought back some good memories though (the TI-99/4A was a "native" 16 bit computer - though the guy who lived around the corner from me who sold computers at the time said all the computers available "now" were only 8 bit - and didn't believe the brochure I supplied him!). Very early 80's.

Good luck with your guitar pedals..
J.

I still play Alpiner today... Still a lot of support for the TI-99/4A. I even run a telnet based BBS for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back