Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Guitar Tube Amp Simulation Setup

Guitar Tube Amp Simulation Setup

Hi,
    perhaps this is interesting for anybody.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup_A.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	12346

It is a guitar-amp Simulation-work in progress. It can be used to Play electric guitar together with a headphone or hifi stereo amplifier.
    It brings nice tube saturation into the Sound for overdrive using the formula y= 1,2*(x-x^3/6).
    To avoid "muddy" Sound, the overdrive-section is started with a high pass filter. Varying this filter and the gain in mixer4 brings a big bandwidth of sounds.
    Mixer3 is the central object. Here you can mix the clean Signal to the overdriven Signal. Mixer5 is needed to reduce the signal , because "reverb" does Clip very awfully.
    The whole Setup Needs about 25% of the power of Teensy3.6.

Enjoy Christof
    Last edited by cebersp; 12-21-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Maybe post the code so others can give it a try?

Hi blackaddr,
    yes, perhaps I will post the code, when I am somewhat more happy with the result. I was still fighting with a user interface. It consists of a potentiometer, used like a joystick, a switch and a serial lcd. The parameter sets are saved on the SD. The interface is really awful at the moment but it works.

With a humbucker guitar I am quite happy with the clean and crunch/ light overdrive sound. For a telecaster type guitar, I think I should have some cabinet simulation. Any suggestions here?
    Regards Christof