Guitar Tube Amp Simulation Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cebersp

Hi,
perhaps this is interesting for anybody.

Setup_A.jpg

It is a guitar-amp Simulation-work in progress. It can be used to Play electric guitar together with a headphone or hifi stereo amplifier.
It brings nice tube saturation into the Sound for overdrive using the formula y= 1,2*(x-x^3/6).
To avoid "muddy" Sound, the overdrive-section is started with a high pass filter. Varying this filter and the gain in mixer4 brings a big bandwidth of sounds.
Mixer3 is the central object. Here you can mix the clean Signal to the overdriven Signal. Mixer5 is needed to reduce the signal , because "reverb" does Clip very awfully.
The whole Setup Needs about 25% of the power of Teensy3.6.

Enjoy Christof

Last edited:
Hi blackaddr,
yes, perhaps I will post the code, when I am somewhat more happy with the result. I was still fighting with a user interface. It consists of a potentiometer, used like a joystick, a switch and a serial lcd. The parameter sets are saved on the SD. The interface is really awful at the moment but it works.

With a humbucker guitar I am quite happy with the clean and crunch/ light overdrive sound. For a telecaster type guitar, I think I should have some cabinet simulation. Any suggestions here?
Regards Christof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back