Teensy pin 13 use and the audio board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaQue

I would like to use pin 13 (the LED on the teensy) in my sketch that will use the audio board. Will that be a problem? I see it and another pin go to tx/rx inputs on the audio chip but the paths have pads to cut that would disconnect them. I will use just one audio board and the LED would make the user interface easier.

Also are there any issues with using the bounce library with a couple push buttons and the audio board to be aware of? I was thinking any interrupts could mess up the audio playing.

I would like to use pin 13 (the LED on the teensy) in my sketch that will use the audio board. Will that be a problem? I see it and another pin go to tx/rx inputs on the audio chip but the paths have pads to cut that would disconnect them. I will use just one audio board and the LED would make the user interface easier.

Also are there any issues with using the bounce library with a couple push buttons and the audio board to be aware of? I was thinking any interrupts could mess up the audio playing.

It's easy: configure the audio card as described https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2055, but I guess you know that.
Change the I2S code (input/output) to use RDR1 and TDR1 in lieu of RDR0/TDR0

RDR0 and RDR1 aren't the same. They're not like the alternate pins, for example Serial TX1 on pins 1, 5, 26 of Teensy 3.6. You could use the quad I2S (both inputs) and just not use RDR0.

RDR0 and RDR1 aren't the same. They're not like the alternate pins, for example Serial TX1 on pins 1, 5, 26 of Teensy 3.6. You could use the quad I2S (both inputs) and just not use RDR0.

Questions remains, if simply using quad I2S (not modifying single I2S) would not generate Audio update issues when changing pin13 to OUTPUT after initializing it as I2S data port. If there are no side effects, than simply using quad is indeed the easier solution. Obviously, HW modification is still required.

Questions remains, if simply using quad I2S (not modifying single I2S) would not generate Audio update issues when changing pin13 to OUTPUT after initializing it as I2S data port. If there are no side effects, than simply using quad is indeed the easier solution. Obviously, HW modification is still required.

Thanks all. I ended up using another pin and hot glued another LED in. It rewired a few mod wires but I can live with it. All the audio board stuff is kind of intimidating to me still and I wan't to avoid all the software problems I can. It's probably not going to be as tough as I think. My next step is to get record raw audio to the flash chip on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back