Suggestion: Update Digital I/O page on webs site whet Teensy 3.x information.

The GPIO of the newer Teensys is well documented in the respective reference manuals from NXP available on the PJRC website, and there is a lot of example code in the Teensyduino core files. Isn't that sufficient?

Actually I wish there was something on website like what I did for 3.5/6 during beta that shows all of the io pin, what the actual kinetisis pin and the different modes for that pin... yes you can find all of this by looking in the pin definition files and then extract from tables in reference manuals but it is nice to have it easily accessible. Hopefully we will be able to do this with a wiki ;)

Actually I wish there was something on website like what I did for 3.5/6 during beta that shows all of the io pin, what the actual kinetisis pin and the different modes for that pin... yes you can find all of this by looking in the pin definition files and then extract from tables in reference manuals but it is nice to have it easily accessible. Hopefully we will be able to do this with a wiki ;)

Agreeing with you KurtE - so confusing to hit the PJRC web and find the star of the show is a Teensy 2.? on so many pages - 5 years after T_3.0:
September 26, 2012
First Software Available
Here is a first release of the software to support Teensy 3.0.

Pointing to a Wiki would be so much more in line with goal of ARDUINO user base than the reference manuals. The FORUM search is pretty lame - searching the reference PDF is worse finding the right context words and then comes understanding the tables of multiplexed this or that and special registers and values. That which PJRC spent some significant amount of time including or codifying into libraries or usable #define and macros as represented in the distributed software. Scanning the ARM code exposes #ifdef's for 5 different MCU's { T_ [LC, 3.0, 3.1&3.2, 3.5, 3.6] } that - thanks to that fine work - generally end up in the same place in accordance with the supported pins shown on 54 square inches of 'The Card' for each device.

I would think that the page I referenced is either useful to the many Teensy users who are just starting out and therefore worth keeping up to date, or not useful in which case it should be removed or marked as deprecated.

Telling people to read the processor datasheet or browse the teensyduino core files (neither of which is clearly linked to) may be above the capabilities of many casual users just switching from an arduino.

I don't mean to criticize, just suggest what might make Teensy easier for some people to use.

Perhaps the Teensy index page should include the 3.5 and 3.6 ni the feature table and not just pictures?

Perhaps the Technical Specification page should include links to the processor datasheet.

Back