Porting TVout lib on Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlaime

Hi everyone :)

I recently discovered the fabulous teensy 3.2 board, and quickly wanted to make some projects involving the TvOut lib.
Unfortunately, i'm getting lot of troubles with the register's and timer's names that are of course not recognized during the compilation, and i didn't found any updated version for the ARM chip.
I also tried to find some infos in the chip datasheet to port the lib by myself, but it seems that it's a bit to complex for me atm...

Does someone know if a ported version exists ?
What should i use/do to make it by myself ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your quick answer !

1.) -> Already done (as i said), but seems that i clearly don't have the level to understand this, so i was hopping for some more precise help
2.) -> Already found this too, but it would be more easy for me to use the TVout, especially because i don't have the right components for making the vga setup

Also found other threads, similarly asking for the tvout port, but the only answer was to go use the vga lib... quite disappointing, if i may say
Anyway, will see what i can do...

I've built a VGA board - and gotten the specific resistors to make it work - takes 8 pins for color and the two for sync - so eats pins for sure. A bit of a routing challenge.

It was just the one contributor that started VGA that and it is nice. The TV out should be simpler it seems - but mapping to the Teensy would be the catch. I only have one 'TV' I think - and my wife tried to throw that out once - a big 12" monitor :)

I've seen some posts putting displays on oscilloscopes - you might refer to them as that should show using an analog pin and sync if they link to their code.

Np, i found another solution : use an Arduino as a 'GPU'/video buffer linked with Serial to the teensy, that will perform the main code (want to make some 3D :3)
Just need to check if building a serial between the 3.3V teensy and the 5V arduino is a problem or not, since the teensy 3.2 is 5V compatible.
Will post if i get any news on TVout port, thanks for replying :)

That sounds like a decent interim solution - of course Teensy's better resources would be better equipped - and generally cheaper for so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back