Teensyduino 1.41 Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a second beta test for Teensyduino 1.41.

Since Arduino's 1.9 betas are a moving target, I've included copies of
beta build #31 which this Teensyduino version expects.

Old beta download links removed. Please use the latest version:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Changes since Teensyduino 1.41-beta1

Support for Arduino 1.9.0-beta31
Accept String in Stream find() and findUntil()
Update LedDisplay library
USBHost_t36 Fix device status functions usage in polling loops
USBHost_t36 Clean up bandwidth usage info when deleting a pipe

I had a strange compile error when trying with 1.9-beta on Macintosh. Can anyone else running on a Mac give this a try on the Arduino 1.9 beta?

Just downloaded beta31 and teensyduino beta2 and compiled a bunch of sketches with muiltiple teensy boards w/ no errors. Looks like they fixed the mac bugs that I got last time I tried the new Arduino beta with teensy. OSX 10.12.6.

FYI - I installed on my windows machine after I uninstalled McAfee and installed Norton 360... When I installed the Windows zip file, norton decided that the arduinopreprocessor... exe file was unsafe and removed it...

Needless to say build did not work. I found where it quarantined it and restored it and it now build.

Kurt

Did the IDE 1.9B31 unzip, then TD 1.42b2 install with no problems ( per usual had to unblock the IDE Arduino.exe to run it but TDInstall ran ).

Win 10 PROx64 machine with Windows Defender active and running - Installs and runs and builds [TEMP] on SSD Drive "T:" that I told Malwarebytes to not do ransomware Monitor.

FYI :: The only issue I see { Arduino IDE Pre-Processor not Teensy } is that a missing semi-Colon on line 157 shows for line 226 as:
RTC_ISR_Ccnt:226: error: expected declaration before '}' token
expected declaration before '}' token

Did an IDE Ctrl+T format and looked for bad indent and saw the naked line.

Same bad line # ref with misnamed variable, or this on line 156 [10 0's should be only 8]: static uint32_t vals[8] = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };

RTC_ISR_Ccnt:276: error: too many initializers for 'uint32_t [8] {aka long unsigned int [8]}'

<edit> - of course this doesn't work with some errors - write a new batch of code and have to comment out chunkc/functions to know where to find the error . . . .

Last edited:
mac osx 10.10.5, arduino 1.9.0 beta31, teensyduino 1.41 beta2.
no compile errors. all my current projects compile without a hitch.

Changes since Teensyduino 1.40:

Add AudioConnection disconnect() (thanks b0rg3rt)

Does this mean we can now reroute or repatch audio objects at runtime?

It took me a while to figure out how to properly use this function. Here is how I did it.

Instantiate all possible AudioConnections needed in the project, in the global scope as usual. Multiple sources to one destination is ok.
In Setup() disconnect all AudioConnections except the ones that will never change, before enabling the audio engine.
In loop() connect and disconnect all you want while still following the connection rules & guidelines.

So yes, changing connections at runtime works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back