[Teensy 3.2] Help! Can't get basic Teensyduino servo example working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roach374

Using Teensy 3.2, and the pinout card (this one), I copy/pasted the Servo.h example from here, plugged in a servo (powered by a separate 5V supply) on pin 20, and uploaded and ran the code.

Literally nothing happens.

The Serial output is showing that the loop is executing ( I see the values being printed out), but other than that, nothing is happening. I've quadruple checked that I have the servo plugged into the correct pin. What am I doing wrong?

I've read somewhere that Teensyduino comes with it's own Servo library. How do I know whether I'm importing the correct one?

Code:
Code:
// Sweep
// by BARRAGAN <http://barraganstudio.com> 
// from https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Servo.html

#include <Servo.h> 

Servo myservo;  // create servo object to control a servo 
                // a maximum of eight servo objects can be created 

int pos = 0;    // variable to store the servo position 

void setup() 
{ 
  //Turn on the LED (basic power indicator)
  pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
  // Initialize the serial port
  Serial.begin(115200);

myservo.attach(20);  // attaches the servo on pin 20 
} 

void loop() 
{
  for(pos = 10; pos < 170; pos += 1)  // goes from 10 degrees to 170 degrees 
  {                                  // in steps of 1 degree 
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos' 
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position 
    Serial.println(pos);
  } 
  for(pos = 10; pos>=170; pos-=1)     // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees 
  {                                
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos' 
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position 
    Serial.println(pos);
  } 
}

Last edited:
Might help to see the wiring. For example how is the ground hooked up? Do you have ground hooked up to servo and your +5v power supply and do you have ground hooked up from servo to Teensy?

Also which servo? I assume it is an RC servo?

If you have multiple servo libraries on your system. You can normally find out which one is used as the system will tell you as part of the compile that it used X library and not Y...

Also might help to know things like which version of Arduino, what version of Teensyduino, etc.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back