USB mouse/touchscreen with Teensy3.2 for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, maintaining a functional wiki for ever expanding variety of hardware and quickly increasing number of software applications is very difficult, and quite soon it would take almost a full time employed person to moderate and maintain it up to date, thus a forum such as this is a much more manageable platform.
What could be done with less effort would be to have some sticky FAQ type threads at the top, with some general common Q and A, and links to specific threads that address some specific issue. New one pops up - like this one, where there simply wasn't information on the web about the problem, and that contain proven working solutions, and you add a link to the sticky FAQ thread, because searching forums using keywords rarely does the trick...

I'm skeptical a wiki would work. My view on this has changed over time, but this is my current belief.

Or more specifically, I'm pretty sure in the long term, a best case would look much like the Arduino Playground - a vast disorganized collection of unmaintained and out-of-date pages.

Indeed when I created that thread it was thought a Wiki might happen nearer term - but has not yet - but PJRC made a T_3.6 and T_3.5 - maybe the T_LC and PROP board too in the meantime and a dozen or so updates to TeensyDuino. Paul came into the discussion and that post got made STICKY to foster its growth.

Paul found a really good example of a badly formed and updated Wiki in Playground which I found off-putting

... and indeed such tone is off-putting as well ...

WIKI came up on this thread as well - I still see it as good and useful - but it won't write or maintain itself - even with the best of intent and help from Forum regulars ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back