Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [posted] (yet another) MIDI to CV Converter!

Quote Originally Posted by Orhema View Post
    Thank you so much for your work and providing it to others especially beginners like me. I want to knOW If I can use the Teensy 4.0 in this project
    I am glad this project looks useful to you. I used the Teensy 2.0 in this project because I wanted the 5V outputs on the gate and trigger, and the 2.0 is more than enough to get the job done. Of course you could use a 3.3V board like the 4.0 if you wished, but my recommendation would be to stick with the 2.0 since the extra horsepower of a 32-bit board is not needed for this project. Also, if you are using my PCB design, the pinout is for the 2.0 and would not be compatible with the 4.0. Otherwise you would need to breadboard the circuit.

If you're interested (and in the US), I could send out one of my PCBs to you at cost. I have a few extras lying around. You would need to source the components from Digikey or Mouser.

Thank you for your advice. Will there be a way to convert the 3.3v out to 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Orhema View Post
    Thank you for your advice. Will there be a way to convert the 3.3v out to 5v
    There are a number of different ways to convert 3.3v logic to 5v. The first question to ask is whether you even need to convert. This depends on the synthesizer you intend to drive. It is possible that 3.3v logic will be sufficient. For example, even if the input is 5v TTL logic, it will register high at 2v so can be driven by a 3.3v output. Alternatively, your synthesizer may require 12v logic. Some do.

I suggest you take a look at this link for more info on logic conversion.

Thank you that makes sense. I know some synthesizers are +/-5V and others are +/-10V. I am guessing since mine is a +/-5V It would require a 5V level conversion

Please what pins on the 2.0 did you use for the gates. Also can the gate be used to control external ADSRs