Soldering audio board to Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, hope this is the right place to post this but I just got in my Teensy 3.6 without headers as well as the audio board & mic, etc.

My question is on soldering the audio board on top of the 3.6. This seems like a REALLY stupid question but do I have to solder the pins to the 3.6 then put on the plastic insulator on top of the extra long header pins, then place the audio board and solder the joints?

OR can I just forgo the soldering the pins to the 3.6 clamp down the plastic insulator on top of the 3.6 then place the audio board on top of the insulator and solder the joints? I've attached some screen shots showing what I'm talking about:

IMG_5551.jpg
IMG_5552.jpg
IMG_5553.jpg
*Not sure why pics are upside down.

Of coarse I haven't soldered anything yet and will await a response. My senses tell me that this is a stupid question and I absolutely have to solder the 3.6 even if the pins are longer. But if I can avoid work or make things nicer then I will, thanks! :eek:

hmm, well.. i just tried to delete this post because I'm just going to do it properly and I can't believe I actually thought that might have been ok lol... hey I'm working on little sleep! oi vehy

Not too shabby...

Well I thought I'd go ahead and post the results of what I was intending the entire time. Just used some extra long header pins, then used the plastic from another set of header pins for the top layer insulator. Soldered the 1st row on the extra long pins, then placed the insulator which was kinda difficult but was able to get enough room I believe. Last I just clipped the extra long pins that hadn't been used/covered by the audio board as best I could. Also, there was some difficulty in getting the condenser mic attached with the ceramic insulator, etc. Point being the pins on the mic snapped off and well I ended up improvising...

Here's the soldering on the 1st set:
IMG_5556.jpg
IMG_5557.jpg

Then everything together:
IMG_5559.jpg
IMG_5560.jpg

What the mic looks like now lol:
IMG_5562.jpg

Everything together and the blink LED example:
IMG_5563.jpg
IMG_5564.jpg

And now it's time to get with messing around with this stuff!

** sorry about the pics, can't seem to get orientation correct no matter what I try. Also won't let me delete attachments.. So again, sorry lol...

Attachments

• IMG_5556 (2).jpg
    IMG_5556 (2).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5557 (2).jpg
    IMG_5557 (2).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back