Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: 6-bit dac in comparator on K64 and k66

6-bit dac in comparator on K64 and k66

Does anyone know how to access the 3 6-bit DACs that are part of the 4 Analog comparators on the K66 and K64?

I was thinking of trying to add voltages from two 6 bit dac and two of the 12 bit dacs to get 2 outputs with 18 bits of resolution.

Does this sound feasible?

I may have answered my own question from the K64 manual, which states:

The 6-bit DAC is 64-tap resistor ladder network which provides a selectable voltage reference for applications where voltage reference is needed. The 64-tap resistor ladder network divides the supply reference Vin into 64 voltage levels. A 6-bit digital signal input selects the output voltage level, which varies from Vin to Vin/64. Vin can be selected from two voltage sources, Vin1 and Vin2. The 6-bit DAC from a comparator is available as an on-chip internal signal only and is not available externally to a pin.
    Still, I'd like to hear any suggestions. Perhaps I could use the comparator to a static reference?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 3.53.00 PM.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	13637

then again, I see this diagram, and it appears that the dac has another output, besides into the comparator. Can I get to it somehow? I wonder!