controlling gecko servo driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencoid

I have a Gecko 320X that i am controlling with a Teensy3.x (varies depending on the needs for a particular application) this may sound a little strange but i want the servo to act like a stepper and just lose steps if the motor can not accelerate fast enough. i do not need absolute position accuracy, i don't mind missing steps but i do not want the driver to fault and stop for a full second before it resets. i checked into the fault/reset terminal and this is not going to be useful because it also has a one second rest period before resetting. because of the "control" method i can not use accel stepper to vary the acceleration to match the control signals (setting acceleration values in accelstepper is very slow because it has to calculate a square root each time). it will also be very difficult to interpret the timing of the control signals and control acceleration with my own algorithm. i know because i have tried.

the current thinking is to connect to the "warn" LED which is hopefully possible without interface circuitry and to disable steps sent to the gecko whenever the warn LED is on.

i need the motion of the motor to be apparently r"responsive" so any accumulating motion control data and processing it into an acceleration ramping is not feasible. i did write something that is vaguely promising but getting feedback from the gecko and using that as a basis for limiting steps sent to it makes a lot more sense to me.

has anyone done something like this or know why it might work or of some other way to disable the gecko when it is too far out of position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back