RawHID with an Arduino Micro - communicating with a PC program

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp

Hi all, this is my first post. Not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question. If not, then I hope you can guide me in the right direction!

I am using Arduino Micro boards that have an ATmega32u4 chip. I would like to use Nicohood's HID library to transmit data over the USB line rather than using the standard Arduino serial library. The reason is that I would like higher speeds than serial can give me. The serial line (with a baud rate of 115200) maxes out at around 7400 bytes/second. I would like to send anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 bytes/second.

Nichood's code includes a RawHID library. I have written the following code that runs on my Arduino Micro board:

Code:
#include <HID-Project.h>

uint8_t raw_hid_data[255];

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  RawHID.begin(raw_hid_data, sizeof(raw_hid_data));
}

void loop() {
  //Create a 100 byte buffer and fill it
  uint8_t mega_buff[100];
  for (uint8_t i = 0; i < sizeof(mega_buff); i++)
  {
    mega_buff[i] = i;
  }

//Send the buffer
  RawHID.write(mega_buff, sizeof(mega_buff));

//Send a character over the serial line
  Serial.print("A");

//Pause for 1 second
  delay(1000);
}

I have some C# code that I am writing on the PC's end to read in the data. The Arduino Micro shows up with a VID of 32823 and a PID of 9025. I am able to connect to it successfully. I am using the HidSharp library in my code, and developing the application using Visual Studio.

Unfortunately, when I try to read the data from the HID device, it just times out. No data is available to read. I can post some of the C# code if desired.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks for any ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back