1.40 install failure on arduino 1.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnichs

New user here.
I am trying to install the Teensyduino 1.40 add-on. I have installed Aduino 1.8.4 for this purpose. When I run the Teensy install scripts I get the following error:
Checking Arduino 1.8.4: version: "lib/version.txt" file missing
Does not match Arduino 1.8.4
Looking in the arduino/lib folder version.txt shows: 1.8.4

any ideas?
thanks
fritz

What system/OS are you trying to install this on? How did you install Arduino? What, if any, virus protection are you running?

Using WIN7 and Kaspersky Endpoint 10. I installed from the 1.84 exe downloaded from the Arduino website. (no blocks were reported by Kaspersky)

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I downloaded the exe version... I have been mostly using the zip file version as I have a few different installs on my machine, to test things out...

But if I remember correctly, when I was installing using the exe, I needed to run the teensyduino installer as an administrator, to make it work. Have you tried that?

Otherwise when I run into issues like this, I try to install Arduino again and see if that helps, otherwise hopefully maybe some others will have some other suggestions.

Kurt

I was indeed running as admin. The "Arduino" software was a new install (I had to de-install my more up to date version as it is not included in the teensy list).
Thanks

fritz

any ideas?

Download a fresh copy from Arduino's website. Get the ZIP file. Extract it somewhere you can remember and easily find when running the installer, maybe even directly at C:\

Before running the installer, take a quick look inside the arduino-1.8.4 folder (or a folder in another folder, if you used the default Windows "extract all"). You'll see a "lib" folder, and it *will* have a version.txt file. Every copy of Arduino comes with that file.

Keep that window open, and keep a strong mental idea of the full path. When you run the installer, you'll need to select that exact location. If the "extract all" created a folder and put the arduino-1.8.4 folder inside that folder, you'll need to select the first folder and then the folder within it.

The installer does work with a fresh copy of Arduino.

Thanks for your prompt reply Paul.
I think I see what was happening now. I had added a folder: "teensy" to the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino folder and was trying to point the teensy installer there. I guess it needs to install into the root folder. It installed just fine and bringing up arduino I now see the teensy tool selection option.

cheers
fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back