Extract Hex Code from Teensy 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForestCat

Does anyone know if it is possible to extract the hex code from a Teensy 2.0 in such a way as it could be used to reprogram the same or another Teensy 2.0?

I'm using the Teenyduino IDE. I DO have the source code, but I've lost my Arduino installation due to a head crash. I had some modified libraries, header files etc. I THINK I documented the changes/backed up the pertinent files, etc., but I'm not 100% certain. I've reinstalled the OS/Arduino/etc on a new HD, gotten to the point where the sourcecode compiles/links, but the free variable memory is a lot bigger than what I stated it should be in my comments, so I'm skeptical.

This is a one-off application, the Teensy 2.0 is buried deep in a MIDI h/w application, soldered in a tight place, etc., etc. I know, I know... :) . I'll need to modify the code at some point, but for the time being, I need to have a safety net to get back to where I am now with the functionality of this pedal board. It's fairly elaborate, querying h/w in sysex, replying in sysex, reading force-sensing resistors, converting that to cc/sysex, etc. It communicates with Lemur on an iPad which is used for the ui, and it runs lean & snappy(the Teensy, not Lemur, lol).

I'm guessing there's not an easy way to do this.
Can it be done via USB?
If not, what type of programmer would I need to purchase, etc?

Very grateful for any help.

Bad news for me. I wish there'd been an option to leave the lock bit unset during development etc. No choice now but to rip it apart and put in a new Teensy 2.0, saving the existing one. Oh well, this is my excuse to socket it, which I should have done in the first place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back