Teensy Audio Adapter board together with OctoWS2811

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfeoktis

I'm doing a larger scale project with 1-2k RGB LEDS using the FFT capabilities of the audio library. I'm very much a beginner, and I've seen this question posted before many times but haven't been able to make much of it. I just had a few questions:

Are there any advantages to using the audio line-in I2S on the Audio Board as opposed to wiring a line-in signal as referenced on https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioInputAnalog to an ADC pin on the board? I really only need it for the line-in audio input, but I've read that I would get a better signal using the board over an ADC pin.

If these advantages are significant--ideally, I do want a decent resolution in the 5k+ range--do you know of a way to use the two boards together? I know I'd need to shuffle around some pins in this case, but (again, very much a beginner) I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to look to begin doing that. Any advice you might have would be tremendous.

Regarding running using the octows2811 adapter and the audio adapter together:
I'm a beginner to so I'll just put what I found and let others add/correct.
I looked at audio adapter webpage and octows2811 adapter electrical diagram and looked what overlaps.
aud.gif
octo.gif

I connected every pin to audio adapter board except 6,7,12,14,15 so octows2811 hardware won't interfere with audio adapter sdcard and memory chip stuff.
This will limit octows2811 to 5 buffered outputs. This was done because it was very convenient . If you can be bothered and need the full 8 outputs you could wire 2 more pins from teensy to where 6,7,14 would have went on the octows2811 however that will require soldering and running wires.

The issue will be with with library compatibility. I found (really people here found) driving lots of ws2811 lights using fastled with the audio library caused my lights to flicker due to audio library interrupts . Disabling interrupts while updating my lights (fastled library provides a thingy for this) caused audio glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back