In search of help making a eurorack module from teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryfungi

Hi everyone,

I'm here because I watched a video showing a drag and drop programming environment for the teensy 3.6 for making audio effects. I have a renewed fascinated with synthesizers, I was very interested when I was younger, but was very poor. I now have the time and resources to build some cool things. I want to reproduce smooth, calming, relaxing, ambient sounds like in the attached link. I inquired on a synthesizer forum and was told don't try to make it, just buy it. The module is $350... Can anyone help me to understand what is happening and reproduce it on a teensy 3.6 with audio card? I can handle operating the arduino programming environment, but I am in no way a programmer... :/ Can the drag and drop tools reproduce these sounds?

The clouds thing used as a looping delay

The telharmonic is generating the "random" notes and voices in a specific key.

At the same time I'm building some old school analog modules, because it's fun.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance anyone can provide.

The visual audio design tool helps you to declare the audio objects and to link them together. But then, to make this objects producing music, a coding effort is required, though. Installing the Arduino IDE 1.8.5 and then the Teensyduino 1.41 plugin will allow you to open some audio example code from which you can learn. It's not witchcraft, but there is a little learning curve...

Don't do it to save money. If you want to make sounds like that get DAW software like Propellerhead's Reason which has a couple of granular-based instruments. If you are already into Eurorack then fork out the cash for the real Clouds.

If you mean to make Teensy a hobby and granular synthesis your focus then dive and get the audio board and a 1MB SRAM add-on as you'll need audio storage in that range to have similar capabilities to the Clouds.

The audio tool does let you use graphical programming to a minimal degree but, as noted by Thierry above, it really only handles connections between the audio objects so that the audio data flows between them. Controlling these modules still requires coding.

Hi guys, I really appreciate the replies. As mentioned I am interested in making eurorack modules. I was really hoping to hop on the shirt tails of someone already doing this sort of stuff here. I'm really not proficient in programing so trying to ask for help as I learn isn't practical. Well thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back