Midi / sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_dunavin

Can the teensy pull double duty in sending midi signals, but also acting like an audio card?
I'm using MIXXX on the raspberry pi, but it needs a USB audio to play back, smoothly.
I already built a midi controller with the teensy LC and it works great!
Just wondering if I build a new midi controller with the 3.2 or higher, if it could all double duty.

Yes, but maybe not with Raspberry Pi.

You certainly can have MIDI and Audio. Just select that combo from the Tools > USB Type menu. It works great.

Except USB audio might not work well with Raspberry Pi, regardless of MIDI or anything else. At least 2 people have reported problems with audio when using Raspberry Pi, when using Jack. I ran the tests here, and indeed after streaming for a minute or two it sounded terrible. But audio works great with regular Ubuntu 64 bit. Why there are problems on Raspberry Pi is unresolved. Teensy uses 44.117 kHz, due to dividing the clock by integer values. It might be a PulseAudio (not normally used on Raspberry Pi) is needed to adapt the sample rate smoothly? Using Jack alone with the default setup of Raspberry Pi definitely has audio quality problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back