question about Teensy synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

idobarakk

what is the type of synthesis that being use while using teensy audio library?
(Tennsy 3.2 with audio Shield)
thanks!

That depends on the synthesis objects which you either decide to use from the audio library, or you write yourself as add-ons.

This is a little like asking which style of art a particular paintbrush can create. It's really up to you to use the brush the way you like.

You can do additive synthesis if you use several oscillators, and perhaps the envelope objects, mixers, multiplier, etc. You can do FM synthesis with the sine wave that accepts modulation input (though admittedly the range isn't large - more than 2X modulation is on my todo list). You can do subtractive synthesis using the filters, and other filter-based synthesis that I don't really know exactly what it's called if you use the state variable filter with a higher Q for resonance and modulate its corner frequency with another signal. Of course, you can play samples, and there's a wavetable project that works with the audio lib for more advanced use of soundfonts. The library currently doen't offer much in terms of granular synthesis, but at least a couple people have published code to do so and I'm planning to eventually merge some of that to the library. All this stuff can be combined in countless ways.

The audio library is really a toolkit of audio functions for you to use. It's really a creative process, rather than a fixed library that only does one particular type of synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back