DIY Teensy LC, will the QFP package work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alialiali

Hi everyone, as I try to break my project out into smaller boards for maintainability (maybe this is a terrible idea anyway) I would like to do a chunk of it with an LC a-like board. Since I can only barely do QFP packages, I found an almost identical chip: https://www.nxp.com/part/MKL24Z64VLH4 which shares a datasheet with the version on the LC.

This is however 64 pin and claims to have more IO (50 vs 30), so I am not sure my code compiled in the Teensy IDE will run on it without modification. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I am not sure my code compiled in the Teensy IDE will run on it without modification.

I'm not sure either!

I can tell you the bootloader looks mostly at memory sizes and the ARM CPU & DAP ID registers. It doesn't do anything to try to detect the specific chip package/pinout used, so there's a reasonable chance it might work.

If it doesn't work, PJRC isn't going to modify the bootloader.

Any thoughts?

If you really want to find out, you're going to have to wire up a protoype and find out. If you do, maybe post your findings here. There isn't much of this kind of info around, because most folks making custom boards don't tend to share info.

Thanks Paul. I would program it over JTAG/whatever rather than the bootloader chip. I guess I'll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back