Teensy 2.0 Problems with Arduino and Teensy Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

zezman45

Hi,

I've disconnected my Teensy 2.0 from all other wiring. I plug it into my PC using a cable that supports data, and a solid green light shows.
I press the button and the light turns off.

Teensy loader fails to recognise it (but can recognise my Teensy 3.2)

When trying to upload 'blink' code using arduino (Serial and Teensy 2.0 Selected) - I get an error message:
"Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to enter program mode.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch. "

(this message persists despite pressing button)

I've tried restarting my computer - holding down the button and various combinations & reinstalls to no success.

Windows Device Manager recognises it as "USB Input device" under the HID tree.

I dont know what code is on the device, clearly something that (at least) keeps the light on permenantly - all i want is to upload a hex file onto it.

I'd really appreciate someone perhaps suggesting some ideas as to how to fix the issue, or point out what I'm missing.
Thanks

If it is a counterfeit what is probably happening is that you have some other larger and less robust bootloader running on the board that either allowed a config bit to be set that it cannot recovered from or was overwritten by the teensyloader that assumed it was talking to a PJRC teensy with it's smaller loader in known space.

Or it was just built with the normal amount of quality control counterfiets get and something broke. Actions from here are to chase whoever sold it for a refund, magic word being 'you sold a counterfeit' since most payment providers hammer merchants who knowingly sell them. And if you are really committed to the project it may be possible to program it via ISP if you have a programer or a spare uno https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP but would be a pretty major adventure doing so.

If you bought it recently using Paypal or a credit card, you can probably start a dispute. Banks and Paypal will almost always return your money if you can show the product you received is a counterfeit (easy in this case) and the merchant won't give you a refund (or delays doing so).

Many banks have a 90 day limit. I believe Paypal allows up to 6 months. But the sooner you contact them, the better your odds of getting your money back. Some of the shady companies sell counterfeits will intentionally try to delay and try to talk you out of contacting your bank or Paypal, only to increase their chances of getting to keep some or all of your money. Don't fall for it. If they try to delay refunding your money, start a dispute ASAP.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Yeah, it was bought from some shady EBay seller.

Sadly it was bought quite a while ago - so i’ll Likely struggle to get a refund; i’ll see what i can do.

Bought a replacement this morning from one of the trusted UK sellers.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back