Tinsy 3.6 and Audio shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

arostami

Hey Everyone,

Im a beginner with using tinsy and i wanted to use the audio shield to play something from the SD card which is one of the first examples,
they way i set up the Tinsy with the shield it based on this

Code:
LRCLK pin 23
TX    pin 22
SCL   pin 19
SDA   pin 18
VOL   pin 15
SCLK  pin 14
RX    pin 13
MISO  pin 12 
MCLK  pin 11
SDCS  pin 10
BCLK  pin 9
MOSI  pin 7
MEMCS pin 6

and power and GND are connected to the Tinsy which is connected through usb(for now)

which i also found in one of the forum this is the link: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/41157-Just-noise-with-Teensy-3-6-and-Audio-Adaptor-Board
when i run the example code in the serial it says it's playing the file but i don't hear anything form the output.

I appreciate any help, most of the Doc or Examples i see is with Tinsy 3.2

Yes, those are the correct connections.

Please show us a photo of how you actually made the connections. Maybe we can help see if there's something simple you've missed.

Yes, those are the correct connections.

Please show us a photo of how you actually made the connections. Maybe we can help see if there's something simple you've missed.

Hey paul

This is a picture of the how i connected them but i also tried stacking them on top of each other and had same issue,
there's no audio output coming out of the audio jack

am I doing something wrong?

thank you so much for your help

Amir

IMG_0916.JPG

I see you have the SD card in the socket on Teensy 3.6, not the socket on the audio shield.

When you run the example code, did you uncomment these lines:

Code:
// Use these with the Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 SD card
//#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    BUILTIN_SDCARD
//#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  11  // not actually used
//#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   13  // not actually used

If you run the example without this change, it will try to access the card over SPI on the audio shield.

The audio board does not look like its pins are soldered. It looks like you've just pushed each jumper pin through the audio board hole and down into the breadboard. If so, those are not good connections. The audio board must either be soldered piggyback to the Teensy or it must have soldered header pins, like your Teensy 3.6 does. An example of "piggyback" is shown here under "Optional Add-ons" - but on a different processor (T3.2?). It's too late for you to piggyback the audio board onto the T3.6 now because your T3.6 already has header pins soldered to it.

Pete

I see you have the SD card in the socket on Teensy 3.6, not the socket on the audio shield.

When you run the example code, did you uncomment these lines:

Code:
// Use these with the Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 SD card
//#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    BUILTIN_SDCARD
//#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  11  // not actually used
//#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   13  // not actually used

If you run the example without this change, it will try to access the card over SPI on the audio shield.

hey paul,

I already did that and it reads the card of the Tinsy and even on the serial port it shows that a song is being played and how far into a song it is but, there's no actual audio coming out of the jack

hey pete,

I acutely tried to piggy back the Tinsy on top of the audio shield be cause my shield dose not have any soldered pins in, i get the same result it show's on the serial that i reading the file but there's not actual audio played though the jack

hey paul,

dose it batter if i stack a tinsy on top of the shield?
or the Shield has to be on top of the tinsy?

yours,
Amir

The electrons usually don't care which board is on top. Both ways work. A good quality solder connection is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back