DFT using analog read in Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushantvs

I am pretty new to arduino and also teensy, I need to implement DFT using analog read(to read real-time values). I have seen FFT implementation but notDFT, I have used ADC library to calculate sample speed, it was fast. I need some pointers on implementing DFT continuously, I know FFT is faster and also available in toolkit. But need guidance on implementing DFT.

I am pretty new to arduino and also teensy, I need to implement DFT using analog read(to read real-time values). I have seen FFT implementation but notDFT, I have used ADC library to calculate sample speed, it was fast. I need some pointers on implementing DFT continuously, I know FFT is faster and also available in toolkit. But need guidance on implementing DFT.

I guess you know what a DFT is, right? So simply define your complex rotation vector, multiply real,imag part with data vector, sum it up, that's it.
Do it first in C. You get 16 bit data, right? use a 32 bit accumulator to avoid overflow.
Once you are happy with the result, you may adventure to replace the complex multiplication with DSP instructions to get final performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back