Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: TeensyTransfer Teensy 3.2 with Propshield

TeensyTransfer Teensy 3.2 with Propshield

Hi all,

I'm having trouble working the teensytransfer tool for my teensy 3.2 + Prop Shield setup. I've downloaded the library, and started the TeensyTranfer.ino on the Arduino IDE under examples. Once loaded I upload this to the Teensy but I'm stuck on what to do after that. I've seen the 'how to' page that has lines such as 'teensytransfer -i teensy' but I don't where to put these in order to get the information from my device. I've also tried launching the windows (i'm on a windows 10) application of the teensytransfer from extras, and nothing happens.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Nik

I don't use Windows, but on my Linux system, after I have downloaded the Teensytransfer program to the Teensy, I have to explicitly tell both the IDE and the download program to exit so nobody has the USB channel open. On my Linux system I have the teensytransfer program in a directory, and with the command line shell, I go to that directory and run it from there. I copy/symlink the files I want to download into that directory, so the files don't have slashes in the filename. You have to use the 8.3 format for filenames.

I use the .hex files provided in the release, rather than trying to build the teensy transfer program from scratch (in the past there were problems doing this). So, I don't use the IDE, but instead open the download program that is running after the IDE has downloaded at least one program.

did you try running teensytransfer from Windows Command Prompt?
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/33859...l=1#post101403

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transfer.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	12854
    Works for me on 64-bit Windows 10
    Last edited by manitou; 02-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Hello all, I think I'm having the same problem. I try running the executable from my command prompt and get the message I can't run the app on my PC. I'm on Windows 10, 64bit 64x

Quote Originally Posted by cbenson8921 View Post
    Hello all, I think I'm having the same problem. I try running the executable from my command prompt and get the message I can't run the app on my PC. I'm on Windows 10, 64bit 64x
    Sounds like the app is marked 'blocked' as a downloaded exe? Right click on the file in File Explorer and look under 'Properties' for an unblock box?

There isn't anything in the properties that is blocked. To specify, my computer is telling me, "To find a version for your PC, check with the developer"