Sample Recorder / Sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!

I´ve got a T3.6 left and now I want start a new project dealing with audio – which I'm not experienced with. So i came across some "before beginning" questions.
I want to use the Audio Adaptor for both playing short samples (up to 3-5 sec) and record them via mic as well. Recording and playing don't have to be at the same time.
I want to build a sequencer with 8 tracks (with one sample each) and play up to, lets say, 4-6 samples simultaneously. A want to add Midi clock, a Midi-In and a couple of buttons and knobs for control. My goal is a little board, where you directly record your samples with a microphone and then create beats with them based on a "grid" sequencer. Basically something like this only with the ability to record your own samples :)

1) Is the Teensy with the Audio Board the right choice for this kind of project? I mean hardware wise?

2) I know the SD card might be too slow (it says only 2 .WAVs at a time), but what about the possibility to solder an memory chip onto the Audio Board? Could this help?

3) I want to use the Audio Adaptor to get the audio ins and outs. But I need a good microphone quality for beatboxing etc. Can I solder a jack to the mic in and use a normal mic like the SM58? Or is the recommended mic on PJRC good enough?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back