Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Is this flash memory suitable for audio shield? S25FL132K0XMFI011

Is this flash memory suitable for audio shield? S25FL132K0XMFI011

Have been looking but all the chips in examples are out of stock.

Are all SOIC-8 SPI flash chips interchangable?

e.g would the S25FL132K0XMFI011 https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/flash...chips/1242646/ work for playing 10 samples continuously at 44khz/16bit?

It looks great but I've tried googling but can't tell if all SPI fit all things. Thanks!

A brief comparison of SPI command set with Winbond flash chip suggests your chip might work ... worth a try ?

The teensy SerialFlash library is already conditionalized for a variety of chips, so you may be able modify the lib to work with the proposed chip.

Quote Originally Posted by manitou View Post
    A brief comparison of SPI command set with Winbond flash chip suggests your chip might work ... worth a try ?

The teensy SerialFlash library is already conditionalized for a variety of chips, so you may be able modify the lib to work with the proposed chip.
    Great thanks - I had just ordered 10 of them (MOQ) shortly before you posted - so I will see, looks fairly promising. The unfortunate thing with the listed chips is that all of them seem to be out of stock in UK or discontinued, or not in soic-8 package.

Thanks - will see how it goes and report back in a couple of days with questions I suspect!

Can confirm this chip works perfectly and now happily playing 3 audio files at 10% CPU load on teensy 3.5+audio board.