PlatformIO: Huge update for Teensy development platform 3.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikravets

We are pleased to announce the release of Teendy development platform 3.0. This release introduces many new features and performance improvements. The notable changes are as follows:

• Added support for J-Link debugger for Teensy 3.x
  • New USB features, see docs
  • Updated Teensyduino to 1.4.1
  • Updated mbed framework to 5.7.3
  • Allowed overriding of PROGNAME (custom firmware name)
  • Default upload tool is set to Teensy App (GUI)
  • Switching between "teensy-gui" and "teensy-cli" using `upload_protocol`
  • Fixed issue with floating point for `printf`/`scanf`
  • Fixed issue with concurrent toolchains for AVR/ARM when exporting data to IDE

We would be thankful for any feeback!

-------

Install PlatformIO IDE for Teensy (we recommend VSCode for best experience):

platformio-ide-vscode.png

ikravets said:
Added support for J-Link debugger for Teensy 3.x

Is there a more detailed explanation of the debugging of the Teensy using platformio? Any user experiences?
I expect that hardware modding (https://medium.com/@mattmatic/preparing-teensy-3-6-for-swd-b014b0ce2999) of the teensy is still needed, right?

ikravets said:
Switching between "teensy-gui" and "teensy-cli" using `upload_protocol`
Does that mean, that the automatic teensy rebooting and flashing is now working? This would be very helpful for my next project as
I will use the Platformio Remote feature (which is really awesome btw) on a Raspberry Pi and several Teenys in an enclosed housing,
without easy access.

All in all great to see your love for the teensy as I use and advocate Platformio in every project.

II'll post something here once I get my debugger in house and let you know how it goes. Thus far, the fine pitch soldering to the debug pins on the Teensy 3.2 is proving quite difficult. Hopefully switching to wire wrap will make it somewhat easier. I've also ordered a Teensy 3.6 which should be somewhat easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back