Serial's and Teensy 3.1 to Teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Hey all. I have been pondering the possibility of taking our current product that uses 2 MK20DX256VLH7 (with Mini54's) and combine it to 1 MK64FX512 chip.
The reason for the 2 upc's before is that I needed 4 Serials and they could only do 2 serials each with hardware control.

So is this correct procedure for the upc in arduino serial. (usb terminal) serial1., serial2., serial3., serial4. as hardware control and assigned via teensy card?

I only have 1 special port that has to be 57600 and one that needs 9600 8N2.

Wayne

yes you have 6 uarts not including hardware serialusb (which makes 7)
you can access them the way way you currently do,
Serial1.....Serial6

As far as the board (3.1 to 3.5) are pin perfect. That helps a lot.
I will use the MK64FX512VLQ12 instead of the other. I relate to pins better than rows and columns.
The surprise I got when I loaded up the layout on my Diptrace.. I can hardly see most of the pins call outs.. ZOOM+++ in my life.

I'm taking 2 boards and making it into 1. Of the 2 boards, one has 2 like 3.1 systems. So I'm condensing 3 teensy's 3.1 circuits into 1 teensy 3.5 circuit.
This way we make 1 board that covers all functions and letting a jumper switch between 1 function on the board.

The board with 2 3.1 circuits does a touch screen function (2 serials) used on 1 3.1 and the other 3.1 takes care of a control of brightness done by 2 serials coming in. (1 serial control actual brightness while the other fakes it)
The other board is just a analog input to control brightness (like above but analog and not serial comm).

My mind sees it, and now to transfer it..

As I'm looking over the schematics and datasheets, I discovered that on the 3.5/3.6 teensy an issue around the usb1 callings. The callings on the schematic says usb1_DM being K1 and usb1_DP being |1 and USB1_VSS K2.
What I found is USB1_DM=K2, USB1_DP=K1, but I'm still looking for USB1_VSS.. can not be K2.

Ok, I got a 3.5 Teensy, and one of our original boards using 2 Teensy's 3.2 circuits and wired in the 3.5 onto the board (I did remove the IC's) and added the 1 additional cirucits.
I have combined the previous software into 1 and made changes for selection using a switch.
Condition are type1/type2, Bklt Narrow/Wide and Disable Bklt

I discovered that on the 3.5/3.6 teensy an issue around the usb1 callings. The callings on the schematic says usb1_DM being K1 and usb1_DP being |1 and USB1_VSS K2.
What I found is USB1_DM=K2, USB1_DP=K1, but I'm still looking for USB1_VSS.. can not be K2.

USB1_DM is pin K1 (not K2)
USB1_DP is pin J1 (not K1)
USB1_VSS is pin K2

I believe they are correctly labeled on the schematic, other than the "J" of J1 isn't easy to read.

Here's the relevant info from page 192 of the K66 manual.

pins.png

If there's an error on the schematic, I'm just not seeing it. Please point it out, and I'll take another look and fix if necessary.

So I looked over what I did and why this confusion came up.
It is different on the MK64 manual vs the MK66 manual. Starting at Pin 23 to Pin 26 for the LQFP column shows that the MAPBGA changes between the 2 data sheets. Pin numbers used so you can find it faster.

MK66 MK64F
23 = J2 J1
24 = K2 J2
25 = J1 K1
26 = K1 K2

Which makes this somewhat confusing.

I'm using the MK64 IC.. I used the programs connections. I surely hope this is ok because I have 50 boards being make but 1 is only getting populated for testing.
Much rather spend the cost in boards instead of components on all board. Scraping 50 of just boards and 1 completed board is easier to take.
All might come out ok, just the schematic

But as it turns out, I'm not using those anyways. Never hooked them up which means.. Boards be ok.
I'm getting forgetful.. Time to retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back