Spikes in Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h0q8ak95di433d/image1.jpeg?dl=0

Cant upload an image for some reason.
I've had popping on my audio, I thought it was usb power from my laptop, but it still happens with external power. I've put a scope on the power and its smooth. The linked image shows a regular pop in the audio. Any ideas what this is, and how I can fix it?
This is only issue no.1, I also have some mosfets (not attached at the moment, to drive some LED's) that, when connected to the PWM pins make the audio massively loud and distorted, and I have no idea about that either.
But to start, why am I popping! (this is with all audio examples I've tried)

OK it is in the power supply, but how do I stop them!

Last edited:
If this is all powered the normal way, through USB, and you're listening with headphones (no possibility for ground loops to other equipment) connected to the audio shield, then I'd suggest trying on a different PC, or try plugging into a powered USB hub so Teensy can get power from the hub instead of your PC.

This sort of problem definitely is not normal for the common case of PC power, Teensy plus the audio shield, and headphones. Many thousands of those shields have been sold over the last few years. Lots of reports of ground loops (which happen in all audio systems, not just Teensy), but pretty much nothing like this reported.

If you're powering some other way, or the output connects to something other than just headphones to the audio shield, well, what do you expect me to guess? I can't even see what you're really doing. If you want help, you really need to both precisely tell us and show us (eg, photos) what you're really doing with the hardware.

Finally solved this, by plugging into a different socket in my office. Not a good sign, but thank god for that, it was doing my head in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back