galvanic isolation for audio output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neto-Zeme

Hello!

I'm building a small project for a friends guitar. He want's a drumpad right on the guitar and with the help of the audio board it's easily done.
But now I have a small problem. Besides the normal Signal of the guitar itself which means one ground and one signal-line, I will need more lines. One is for a 9 V power line (gets stepped down in the guitar) and the other for its ground. I won't use battery because of the excessive LED using, where every LED can consume up to 60 mA at 5 V.
Now I need the audio signal of the board also to run out the guitar over a cable.

A thought was an 5 -pole XLR, where there is a audio-signal mass, with an extra signal wire for guitar audio and a wire for audio output. then the power wires for Power ground and 9V+, which makes 5.
At first, is this thought ok? Or should the audio board signal get it's own ground, which makes 6 wires at the end?

I'm not very experienced with Isolation and that leads to a not-knowing of best practice when working with audio transmitters which should normally isolate the signals. Using opto-components is not that good from what I read because they are rarely linear. I know some components from neutrik, which has a 200Ohm/200Ohm Impedance and some with 200Ohm/10kOhm Impedance, which leads to -7 dBu input level. from what I learned the Audio Board can produce nearly exact 0 dBu, right? which would say that the 200/200 would be the better choice because it can hanlde up to 1,15V.

This are my thoughts but I really don't know if I'm right, because this is new tterrain for me and I need some help here.

Thanks so far! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back