Teensy 2.0 Plugged in overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsme

Hey all,

Left my Teensy 2.0 board plugged in to my laptop overnight. Attempted to use it again today, and the orange LED would not light.
Have I killed the board?
Details:
Windows 10 laptop
Default Printer cable

wsme

That would not be normal.
The LED is driven from pin13, so if the code is not turning on the LED then it will be off.
Things to check include:
Is there 5V on the board.
Does device manager show it/change when it's plugged in/out
Does Teensy loader see it
Can you load blink to it
If autoload fails, after compiling blink does pressing the program load button wake things up

Thanks for the reply.
A friend got to it and simply uploaded an example program and it started working...

Not sure why this was the fix

A possible explanation would be Win10‘s power management. There are strange situations where USB ports are powered off to save energy and where the os fails to power it on again when detecting activity. You might check the internal USB hub settings in the device manager and uncheck „allow this device to be powered off to save energy“.

A possible explanation would be Win10‘s power management. There are strange situations where USB ports are powered off to save energy and where the os fails to power it on again when detecting activity. You might check the internal USB hub settings in the device manager and uncheck „allow this device to be powered off to save energy“.

I'll definitely look into that.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back