Connecting nothing but a normal line out to the Audio Adaptor Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Audio Adaptor Board is mind blowing as is the audio library and system design tool!

I searched for a hour and while there were many answers none of them were simple enough for my level of knowledge.

Here is what I'm researching:

Is there a way I connect an audio line out from a normal source, like my iPhone, to the Audio Adaptor Board? Directly, with nothing added?

I suspect that if I want to connect a line out from an audio source it requires the DC bias circuit in the diagram shown in the audio design tool under AudioInputAnalog. Is this correct?

It seems like a boring line in is the most obvious feature but everything is geared to a mic, I would pay double for a true analog input. Or maybe I already have one :)

The LINEIN connections on the audio board are already AC coupled. You can attach a line level source directly to it. However note that your headphone out from your iPhone is NOT line-level, it is headphone level. It has the ability to put out a high enough voltage to damage a line-level input like the Teensy Audio Board.

Connecting it directly to any line-level input at lower volumes will work but may result in some minor filtering effects (just like an EQ).

As long as you start at zero volume and raise it carefully, you'll be fine. When the audio starts distorting the voltage is too high.

Thanks! It was just like you said, I connected an audio jack to a breadboard and wired the left and right channels to the Audio Board and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back