Teensy 3.2 Sketch read error

Status
Not open for further replies.

meech

My end goal for my project is to read a pre recorded songs note frequency and compare it with the note frequency of an electric guitar.

My current issue is I am trying to read the sketch of a 5 second wav tesfile I converted, and it is giving me a Flash overflow. Is there a workaround for getting longer songs (I need 30 seconds minimum) or am I at the limitations of the Teensy 3.2?

If I am at the boards limitations, would it be possible to play the recorded song into the I2S bus, analyze it with the notefreq analysis tool, and output the frequency data through the USB? I would save the parsed frequency data via a little c# program I write.

Thanks
-Mitch

Here's the error message I am getting

Code:
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_405961/freq_with_sd_stuff.ino.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `FLASH'

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 11356 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
 Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD

This message means a copy of SD in Arduino\libraries\SD is overriding the one Teensy is supposed to use. :(

Which version of Arduino and Teensyduino is this? Click Help > About to check.

In a troubleshooting attempt, I copied my audio samples into the notefrequency demo in the audio examples for testing. the files that come in the demo do not throw any errors but my Wav2Sketch files do.

the files that come in the demo do not throw any errors but my Wav2Sketch files do.

Do you want help with this error? Can't do much if we don't even know what the error is, not to mention actually seeing copies of the files that don't work.

No thanks, I'm pretty sure the Flash was overflowing and that's why the error was thrown so I refactored my project to not need the sketch. Thanks for the response though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back