Teensy 3.6 / USB_TYPE Serial Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

walpre

I've developed a project including the CmdMessenger library (https://github.com/thijse/Arduino-CmdMessenger). The library send messages (= id + value in comma separated mode) to a pc. The library use the standard Serial library to send data.

As far as I'm using "USB Type: Serial" in the ide, the program works well and the messages are send from the Teensy to the pc and are received from the pc.

Now I've to integrate a mouse device and tried to use "USB Type: Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick". The mouse events are transferred well, but the messages from the CmdMessenger library are not sent or received. I also tried the "USB Type: All of the above" - but the same result.

Does someone have an idea, what's going wrong?

The mouse events are transferred well, but the messages from the CmdMessenger library are not sent or received.

Maybe you're using Windows? Maybe Windows assigned a different COM port number (to Windows it looks like a completely different USB product) but maybe your code was still trying to use the original COM port?

Or maybe you have a pre-10 version of Windows? If so, you need to be really careful to always close the port before uploading or unplugging the cable. Usually not an issue with Arduino, since it closes the serial monitor automatically when you upload. But if you have another program talking to the COM port, and it still has the port open, then you could suffer from this horribly confusing Windows driver bug.

Or maybe you're using a Mac or Linux machine and none of this guessing applies?

Sorry Paul - I forgot to mention, that I'm developing on a MacBook Pro (High Sierra).

I tested the program on the Mac and also with a linux Ubuntu 16.x and got the described behaviour on both machines.

Maybe as a quick sanity test, replace the complex CmdMessenger with just repeatedly (at some reasonable rate) printing hello world. Then check whether your program can receive the hello world text when Teensy runs in those modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back